- Is your background and experience in the areas of Marketing and/or Communication?
- Do you have exceptional relationship building and project management skills?
- Join CSIRO in a key role that has a positive impact on the next generation
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Communication Advisor on a part-time basis (3 days per week). In this role, you will primarily be responsible for providing communication support and advice for the STEM Professionals in Schools program. Reporting to the Executive Communication Manager, you will advise the team on messaging architecture and share these messages with key audiences using innovative and memorable communication methods.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Creating integrated, high impact and measurable campaigns for CSIRO’s STEM Professionals in Schools program.
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships internally and externally to deliver effective service and fulfil communication goals.
- Deliver effective communication outcomes using sound judgment and applying contemporary communication skills.
Location: Negotiable - Canberra (ACT), Sydney (NSW), Melbourne (VIC), Newcastle (NSW) or Brisbane (QLD)
Salary: $80K to $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job reference: 51061
To be successful, you will need:
- A degree, or equivalent, in Marketing or Communication and/or significant equivalent experience in a relevant industry.
- A valid Working with Children Check, or ability to obtain one.
- The ability to clearly convey information and ideas, adapt to others’ needs and priorities, and establish effective interpersonal relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- An understanding of, and experience in, employee engagement; strategic communication; marketing communication; public relations, stakeholder engagement.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! Balance
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
How to apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter providing enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEDT Sunday 7 January, 2018