- Would you like to support delivery of the Technologies Curriculum?
- Are you passionate about Digital careers and STEM education?
- Join the CSIRO Education and Outreach program & work collaboratively with other education specialists
CSIRO Education and Outreach (CEdO) is seeking to fill two Education Specialist roles to work within the Digital Careers team developing and implementing content and resources to support the delivery of the Digital Careers program into primary and secondary schools. You will also organise the promotion and delivery of workshops to Industry STEM professionals to increase their knowledge and how they relate to the Australian Curriculum focussing on the Technologies learning areas.
Your duties will include:
- Implement the Digital Careers program including achievement of the target number of school registrations in activities for the program.
- Develop and produce curriculum materials to support activities within the Digital Careers program
- Develop and run workshops to STEM professionals around Digital Careers activities and how they relate to the Australian curriculum focussing on the Technologies learning areas
- Undertake the delivery of quality teacher professional learning workshops providing advice to principals, teachers and industry STEM professionals
Location: Negotiable, - Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide or Brisbane
Salary: $80k to $91k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 30 June 2020
Ref no: 52945
To be successful you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant area, such as education or science and/or relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience producing education resource materials, delivered through an understanding of the Digital Technologies Australian Curriculum and current issues facing school science and technologies education.
- Good understanding of open ended investigations/technology work and inquiry based learning and how they are taught in Australian schools.
- High level written and oral communication skills in a variety of formats and for a range of audiences, including individuals and groups.
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills including experience with negotiation and representation, and proven ability to establish and maintain strong and productive relationships and networks with colleagues, leaders and key stakeholders both internal and external.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/Resume a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications Close: 10:59pm AEDT, 9 January 2018