- Provide leadership & strategic direction for a large STEM education project
- Enjoy the challenge of a fast paced & complex environment
- Join the CSIRO Education & Outreach Leadership team in this exciting new role
CSIRO Education and Outreach (CEdO) is seeking an experienced Project Director to provide leadership and strategic direction for a large STEM education project. The project director will be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of the project’s strategy to achieve the overarching goal; managing the relationship with the critical external and internal stakeholders, and building and leading a high-performing team of CSIRO staff and subcontractors.
Your duties will include:
- Establish a new education initiative including developing strategic and operational plans and build a team to implement those plans.
- Build productive relationships with external stakeholders to ensure that the goals of the program are achieved
- Develop strong trusted advisor relationships with internal and external stakeholders to manage and deliver priorities that align with CSIRO Education and Outreach program’s strategy and objectives.
- Provide strategic leadership and advice, engaging with the project team and CEdO to promote a strong and positive team culture.
- Build functional capability by leading a professional team, including responsibility for professional development and individual and team performance through coaching, counselling, feedback and influencing and motivating individuals and teams.
Location: Sydney NSW
Salary: $131k to $145k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
Ref no: 52881
To be successful you will have:
- Knowledge and skills gained through education, typically a degree in conjunction with demonstrated achievement in senior advisory and managerial roles.
- Extensive experience in providing high level strategic leadership, encompassing strategic planning and implementation, calculating risk, problem solving and effective resource management.
- Deep knowledge and experience in the STEM education sector, including in post-formal school education and employment and pathways.
- Demonstrated leadership in building high performance teams and supporting innovation through continuous improvement.
- Ability to build and maintain high trust, respected and collaborative working relationships across a wide range of disciplines at all levels of the organisation and with external stakeholders.
- High level business acumen, supported by relevant tertiary degree and demonstrated experience delivering projects on time and within budget.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/Resume a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications Close: 10:59pm AEDT, 7 January 2018