- Are you a talented quantitative researcher?
- Assess the risks of the next generation of synthetic biology products
- Join CSIRO Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO Data61 is seeking a talented quantitative researcher for an exciting role, extending and complementing the skill set in our team of statisticians and probabilistic risk assessment practitioners in Hobart, Tasmania.
You as the successful candidate will be working primarily on the application and development of models that describe and predict how the synthetic biology products, including gene-drive modified organisms, will spread through a landscape and impact target and non-target organisms.
Location: Hobart TAS
Salary: *CSOF5 - $95K - $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
*CSOF6 - $109K - $128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
*NB: This position is offered across two levels, the appointment level will be determined by the qualifications, skills and relevant experience of the successful candidate.
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate in applied mathematics, quantitative genetics, population ecology or other relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated expertise in spatio-temporal modelling of population genetics and/or biological populations.
- High level computational and programming skills, ideally in the R computing language, and a willingness to learn other languages if needed.
- A demonstrated understanding of probabilistic methods and Bayesian statistical inference.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO Data61, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Find out more here: Balance
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability. Upload as one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter (Maximum 2MB)
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications will remain open until filled, however we encourage you to submit your application by 1st November 2017 as we will interview suitable candidates from that date onwards.