Postdoctoral Fellowship Future Science Platforms Probing Biosystems
- Do you want to make a difference?
- Are you an early career researcher?
- Join CSIRO's Future Science Platform
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowships provide scientists and engineers opportunities to launch their careers, extend their professional networks and enhance their career prospects. As a Postdoctoral Fellow with CSIRO’s Future Science Platform Probing Biosystems you will join a multidisciplinary team.
Under the direction of senior research scientists, carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Producing quality research in the area of micro-Sensing Technologies.
- Developing a technology roadmap related to micro-devices for Probing Biosystems.
- Designing, simulating, assembling and testing prototype models of new micro-sensor platforms.
- Write technical reports and contribute to research proposals;
- Contribute, as part of an interdisciplinary team, in the analysis of experimental results;
- Supervise graduate students associated to the research program;
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Adhere to the spirit and practice of CSIRO’s Values, Health, Safety and Environment plans and policies, Diversity initiatives and Zero Harm goals.
- Undertake an appropriate training and development program developed by CSIRO.
- Other duties as directed.
Location: Hobart, TAS
Salary: $78K - $88K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Term: 3 years (2 positions available)
To be successful you will have:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as ASIC-design, microelectronics, MOMS/MEMS and/or embedded systems.
- Demonstrated strong experience in micro-electronics.
- Demonstrated experience in one of the key areas for micro-sensing devices: sensing technologies and micro-transducers, energy harvesting and microwatt energy storage, memory devices, microcontrollers, micro-RFIDs, MEMS and ASIC-design.
- Experience in microcircuit design, modelling and simulation using SPICE, VHDL, Verilog, Simulink, CADENCE or equivalent software packages.
- Demonstrated experience in working with interdisciplinary teams.
- Outstanding publication record of reports for industry, peer-review journal papers.
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
About the Future Science Platforms and Digiscape
Future Science Platforms (FSPs) are a major new CSIRO initiative and are multi-year investments in frontier science that will help reinvent and create new industries for Australia. In the future Australia's agriculture.
Digiscape is the FSP that is creating next-generation decision tools to transform the agriculture and land management sector. To achieve this aim, Digiscape will bring to bear cutting edge climate science; new sources of locally and remotely sensed data; informatics for agro-ecosystems; rigorous analysis of uncertainties; and innovation in both the ICT and social dimensions of systems integration.
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability. Please load one document only, containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Please read this: Position Details
Applications close Thursday 13th April 2017 (11:59pm AEST).