- Apply your expertise in Cyber Security
- Work with a dynamic team of innovative professionals
- Join DATA61 and be part of something BIG!
Data61 have an outstanding opportunity for a motivated and experienced Research Scientist, who has expertise in cyber security, more specifically in the area of automating cyber security, building resilient systems and IoT security. In this research scientist position, you will lead both strategic and industry projects, and undertake novel and world class research, leading to reputed international publications. You will undertake research under the guidance of a senior researcher in the Distributed Security Systems Group within the Software and Computation Science Program.
Data61 envisions a vibrant and globally competitive Australian cyber security industry with greater resilience to cyber threats in business, to enhance confidence in the digital economy by bringing together exceptional people from research and industry. Data61 is building a network with industries and academic communities both nationally and internationally. The researcher will have an opportunity to collaborate with Data61 partners and address the challenging problems in cyber security.
Specifically you will:
- Actively lead and participate in strategic and external R&D projects by undertaking project specific research, implementing software, and communicating with internal and external partners.
- Attract PhD students, supervise them and carry out innovative, impactful cyber security research of strategic importance to CSIRO Data61 that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Build strategic relationship with Data61 industry and academic partners.
- Produce high quality scientific and/or engineering papers suitable for publication in quality journals, for client reports and granting of patents.
- Prepare appropriate conference papers and present those at conferences.
- Provide leadership to the development of innovative concepts and ideas for further research.
- Make a contribution to the effective functioning of the research team and help deliver CSIRO Data61’s organisational objectives and plans.
Location: Sydney, NSW or Melbourne, VIC
Salary: $92K - $100K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A PhD in a relevant discipline area, such as security, privacy or a closely related field and at least 2 years work experience in the area of cyber security after PhD.
- High level written and oral communication skills demonstrated through publications and collaboration with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including at national and international conferences.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting research activities in cyber security, more specifically in the area of automating cyber security, building resilience systems and IoT security.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
- A record of science innovation and creativity in the rea of cyber security, plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
Our Business Unit: About DATA61: In today’s data-focused world, there’s no doubt that numbers count. Data61 are the largest data innovation group in Australia, a connector that brings together technology innovators, businesses and universities to transform Australian industry and to help solve our greatest challenges. A CSIRO business, we are creating our data-driven future.
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position Details
Note: This is a re-advertisement of this position, previous applicants need not apply.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, 14 May 20117