Educator (Casual) - [Archived Advertisement]
Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences (MAAS) (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Join our dynamic Education and Digital Learning Team
- Casual employment for an Educator across all three MAAS sites
- Exciting opportunity to become catalyst for creative expression and curious minds
The Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences (MAAS) is an executive agency of the New South Wales State Government. Embodying the best of design ingenuity and innovation, the Museum profiles one of the world’s great collections and is a highly successful interdisciplinary institution that sits at the intersection of the arts, design, science and technology and plays a critical role in supporting the brand and vision of the city.
The Powerhouse Precinct at Parramatta is one of the largest cultural infrastructure projects currently being undertaken in Australia. The project will transform and renew one of Australia’s oldest and most important cultural institutions and carry forward its legacy to reflect the changing needs of the contemporary communities of NSW
Do work that matters...
The Educator (Casual) delivers workshops, tours and other programs, products and services for learners, teachers and a range of audiences meeting their cultural, social, vocational and academic curriculum goals whilst strengthening the Museum’s reputation as a provider of innovative, high quality learning experiences.
This role seeks applicants suitably skilled to work at any, or all, of the Museums three locations. While strong communication skills are a pre-requisite for this role, task location and suitability are determined through negotiation, and may take account of specialist interest, knowledge and skills including, but not limited to, computer science, astronomy, and design.
What will it take?
We are looking for someone to join the team with the following attributes:
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: coding eg Arduino, graphic or product design eg Adobe, game design eg Unity, making and recording music eg Ableton, film and video production.
- Experience and skills in presenting to and/or teaching young people and adults
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Organisational ability and conflict resolution skills
- Experience working with people with disability
- Knowledge of school curricula and/or learning theory
To view the full role description, Click Here
Do you have any questions?
Applications close: 11:59pm, Sunday 14 March 2021.
The Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with a disability. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in the selection process and join the Museum, please indicate this in your application.
The successful applicant is required to undergo, and for new employees meet the cost of a National Police Records Check and a Working with Children Check and be assessed as suitable.
Please note that applications from Recruitment Agencies are not currently being accepted for this position
- Closing Date:
- 14 Mar 2021
- NSW - Parramatta
- $47 Per hour
- Work Type:
- Community/Public sector