The City of Bunbury Library is seeking a Senior Library Officer - Programs and Community Engagement. This position is responsible for leading a small team and ensuring that a high quality library services are provided to the community.
As a Senior Library Officer you will be responsible for managing and leveraging partnerships in order to deliver a broad range of programs for our patrons.
- The successful candidate will be a team orientated leader and have a community minded approach with the confidence and ability to develop relationships.
- Library experience is not essential however experience in the areas of marketing/public relations or community development or event management will be considered.
- This position is a permanent full-time position that operates from both the Bunbury Regional Library and the Withers Community Library.
The accountabilities for this role include:
- Coordinate the development, delivery and evaluation of a range of library projects, events and programs that enhance the social and cultural diversity of the City of Bunbury community.
- Develop and foster effective networks and positive relationships with customers from all age groups to promote and improve literacy, interaction, creativity, vibrancy, diversity and social inclusion.
- Develop content and designs to promote library services, programs and events across a range of print, social media and online marketing and promotion platforms.
- Lead, motivate and supervise the Programs and Community Engagement team, including measuring performance, providing strategic direction and providing day to day support.
- Participate in budget development and monitoring including project management, grant applications and business and strategic planning.
- Participate in the daily operations of the library with other Library Seniors, including customer service, staff rostering and support.
Skills required for this role include:
- Library program planning, delivery and evaluation.
- Experience with community stakeholder groups.
- Proven expertise in using and evaluating social media, print and online marketing and promotion platforms.
- Team leadership and staff management.
- Grant funding submissions and acquittals.
- Budget development and monitoring, project management and business planning.
What we offer:
- Conditions of employment are in accordance with the City of Bunbury Employee's 2018 Enterprise Agreement with a Level 6 salary range of $79,275 to $80,965 gross depending on experience and qualifications.
- Permanent full-time appointment - 76 hour per fortnight
- Location - Bunbury Regional Library (Bunbury CBD) and Withers Community Library (Withers)
- The City of Bunbury is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, aiming to build organisational capacity and foster a positive work environment.
- Only applications submitted via the City of Bunbury Careers website will be accepted.
- To apply please address the selection criteria in the spaces provided via our Careers Website.
- You will also need to upload a CV and Covering Letter to your application.