Student Family Engagement Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Education Directorate (View other jobs from this organisation)
Student Family Engagement Officer
Service Design and Delivery
Health Professional Level 3
Salary Range: $93,346 - $98,359 (up to $103,237 on achieving a personal upgrade) (PN: 46963, several)
The position is responsible for providing effective trauma informed interventions for students and families, across Flexible Education. As part of an integrated team, the Student and Family Engagement Officer will also identify, develop and implement community development and wellbeing initiatives that work to strengthen the educational outcomes for students. These positions will work directly with students and families within the Muliyan Program and Distance Education in varying outreach setting such as homes, schools and community. They will be responsible for establishing effective and sustainable partnerships across students, families, schools, communities, government and non-government agencies and the business sector.
- Applicants must possess a relevant degree such as Social Work, Psychology, Occupation Therapy, Speech Pathology or a related field.
- At least three years post qualification experience in a relevant field of case management working with children and families.
- Currents drivers’ licence is essential.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the social and economic issues affecting children, young people and their families within the ACT Government.
- Prior to commencing this role, a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 is required. For further information on Working with Vulnerable People registration refer to - https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1804.
- Educational, suitability and professional qualification checks may be carried out prior to employment.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: These are temporary positions available for a period of six months with the possibility of extension and/or permanency. Selection may be based on application and referee reports only. An order of merit will be established from this selection process and may be used to fill future identical vacancies over the next 12 months.
How to Apply: For further information, please visit www.jobs.act.gov.au
Applications Close: 01 June 2020
- Closing Date:
- 01 Jun 2020
- ACT - Canberra
- $93,346 - $98,359
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Student Services/Careers Guidance