Director, Early Childhood Policy and Regulation - [Archived Advertisement]
Education Directorate (View other jobs from this organisation)
Director, Early Childhood Policy and Regulation
System Policy and Reform
Early Childhood Policy and Regulation
Regulation and Compliance
Executive Level 1.3
Remuneration: $224,134 - $233,847 depending on current superannuation arrangements (PN: E825)
Details: The Director, Early Childhood Policy and Regulation is responsible for:
- Delivering on the ACT Government's regulatory responsibilities under the Education and Care Services National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Framework. The NQF applies to most long day care, family day care, preschool and outside schools hours care services in the ACT.
- Engaging and advising the Directorate and Government on early childhood education and care policy, representing the ACT at national early childhood policy and operational forums under the governance of Education Council, and participating in national deliberation on early childhood education policy in the best interests of the ACT.
- The ongoing communication and administration of a comprehensive compliance program for early education and care services, including the development and review of policies and procedures relating to the conduct of regulation and compliance responsibilities.
- Managing and oversight of investigations of complaints and the preparation and submission of regulatory notifications.
- Working collaboratively with the Directorate's executive and regulators to ensure compliance with legislative and statutory obligations, including in ACT public schools. Relevant legislation includes the ACT Education Act 2004, the Education Act 2012 (Commonwealth), the Training and Tertiary Education Act, the Board of Senior Secondary Studies Act and the Teacher Quality Institute Act and Reportable Conduct Law.
- Reporting to and providing strategic advice to the senior executive and Government on matters relating to the above portfolio.
The position requires a person with exceptional leadership and executive management skills. The position requires leadership and expertise in policy development and advice to Government. A strong legal background and substantial experience in overseeing investigations and dealing with and delivering in a regulatory environment are desirable. In addition, experience in government, managing people and stakeholder engagement is critical for this position.
Remuneration: The position attracts a remuneration package ranging from $224,134 - $233,847, depending on current superannuation arrangements of the successful applicant. This includes a cash component of $176,592.
Contract: The successful applicant will be engaged under a performance based contract for up to five years. Prospective applicants should be aware that long-term engagements are tabled in the ACT Legislative Assembly.
Contact Officer: Deb Efthymiades (02) 6205 9172 email@example.com
For further information, please visit www.jobs.act.gov.au
Applications Close: 31 March 2017
- Closing Date:
- 29 Mar 2017
- ACT - Canberra
- $224,134 - $233,847
- Work Type:
- Full Time