Kindergarten Outreach Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Kindergarten Outreach Officer
- Salary - $89k - $97k pro rata + Super
- Temporary Position until April 2022
- Part time - 3 Days (24 hours per week)
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long-term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places. Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Children’s Services Unit is seeking expressions of interest for a six-month, temporary position as a Kindergarten Outreach Officer to work in our team to address engagement barriers for culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) children and families, and support attendance at kindergarten and transition to school.
This position is part of a short-term project funded by the Department of Education and Training.
Deliverables of the role include:
- supporting families to enrol and attend kindergarten, and/or register for kindergarten or school in 2022.
- working with relevant organisations, including kindergarten providers, community groups, as well as specialist organisations such as migrant and refugee settlement services and Foundation House to identify and enrol children eligible for kindergarten
- working with LOOKOUT Early Childhood Learning Advisors to identify children in out-of-home care.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Tertiary qualifications in early years, Community Development or related field.
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic and/or Urdu
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the operations of early years services.
- Knowledge and understanding of community organisations and an ability to work positively with management committees, early years managers and service providers.
- Knowledge of child health and education issues impacting the wellbeing of children.
- Knowledge of child development and management with well-developed observation skills.
- Understanding of the philosophy and practices of inclusion and the impact of culture on children, families and services.
- Ability to work collaboratively with families and services using strength-based approaches and reflective practice.
- Current Victorian driver’s licence.
- Current Police Check and Working with Children’s Check.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a professional and supportive executive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Sophie Patitsas, Early Years Coordinator – on 9240 2333.
Applications close: 5pm, Wednesday 29 September 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attached your valid Drivers Licence and WWCC. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 29 Sep 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $89k - $97k pro rata + Super
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Teaching - Early Childhood