- Salary - $64K - $67K pro rata + Super
- Includes evenings and weekends
- Permanent ongoing part-time position (59 hours per fortnight + weekends)
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Libraries is a trusted community resource that is both responsive and agile. Currently, we are seeking a Library Officer to provide high quality customer service, assist with early literacy and makerspace programs, and assist the provision of digital programs and technology help to people of all ages.
In performing this role some of your key responsibilities will be to engage with our diverse community to provide excellent customer service. Assist with library initiatives to bridge the digital divide. Assist with children’s and youth programs. Help with outreach to our schools, kinders, day care centres and other places where our families and young people gather.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good teamwork skills and communication skills
- Ability to assist in program delivery
- Ability to deal with difficult situations
- Good digital literacy and social media skills
- Good time management skills
- A current Victorian Driver's Licence and Working with Children Check
- Fluency in a community language is desirable
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a dynamic and supportive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Work-life balance
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
For further information please contact Justin Edwards on 8311 4102.
Applications close: 5pm, 29 November 2020. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attached your valid Drivers Licence and WWCC. Please have this ready when completing your application.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.