- $67K – 71K + Super (pro rata)
- Permanent Part Time – 31 hours per f/night + weekends
- Ref No: 18175
The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast-growing city and home to more than 170,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Libraries is offering a fantastic opportunity for a Library Technician who enjoys engaging with the community and working with a dynamic team to provide high quality customer service, assist with library programs, and provide administrative support.
In performing this role some of your key responsibilities will be to engage with our diverse community to provide excellent customer service. Assist with collection maintenance. Assist in the organisation of community programs under the direction of the Community Programs Librarian. Assist with library initiatives to bridge the digital divide. Provide administrative support as required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Demonstrated high level computer literacy, particularly word and excel and basic troubleshooting skills.
- Good teamwork skills and ability to gain cooperation and assistance of other staff.
- Good communication skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Excellence in service provision to all sections of the community.
- Demonstrated experience in basic library administration.
- A Diploma of Library and Information Services or equivalent.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Rita Hardy on 8311 4111.
Applications close: 5pm, 21 February 2020.
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website.
No late applications will be accepted.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.