- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- $73K – $83K + Super
- Part time position / 56 hours per fortnight
- Ref No: 18159
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees. The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast-growing city which is home to more than 180,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Family Day Care (FDC) team and provide business and administrative support across the unit. This includes:
- liaison with other members of the FDC Coordination Unit, Educators and families to support the delivery of a high quality FDC program
- Train and support Educators in undertaking administrative tasks.
- Administering the Child Care Subsidy including processing and submission of attendance records, managing the distribution of funds to Educators and reporting requirements associated with this.
- Ensuring the service is compliant with legislation relevant to administering Child Care Subsidy
- General administration of the FDC service
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Formal tertiary qualifications and/or experience in Administration, Early Childhood or a related area (highly desirable).
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills including working with people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
- Skills in use of IT and computer systems and programs (use of the Harmony Software package and/or administration of Child Care Subsidy is highly desirable)
- Skills in managing your time, setting priorities and planning and organising your own work.
- Current Working with Children Check and Police Check.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Opportunities for training and career development
- A real sense of work-life balance
- A comprehensive Corporate Training Program
- Employer-supported study schemes
- Active social club
For further information please contact Sharon McGrath on 9240 2418.
Applications close: 5pm, 4 February 2020
Please note all applicants must apply online and no late applications will be accepted.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background.Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.