- Band 6, $87 - $95K + super
- Permanent, with fortnightly RDO
- Ref: 18005
The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast-growing city and home to more than 170,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Libraries is offering a unique opportunity to join the library leadership team. This position involves leading both the teams at Brunswick and Campbell Turnbull Libraries, as well as the Digital Services team across Moreland City Libraries. The successful applicant will be an experienced librarian with a demonstrated ability in the delivery of digital services.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Excellent team building and communication skills, and demonstrated ability to consistently lead, motivate and coach staff in a changing environment and to gain the cooperation and support of team members to achieve team goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, deliver and evaluate a range of digital services that respond to community and library needs within agreed timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to create content for the library website, social media and other digital platforms.
- Demonstrated experience with creative technologies relevant to Maker Space programs.
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems using creativity and originality when required and to defuse potential conflict.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working with Children Check.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
For further information please contact Narelle Stute on 9353 4010.
Applications close: 5pm, 13 September 2019.
No late applications will be accepted.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.