- $70K to $79K + Super (pro rata)
- Part Time Position (35 hours per fortnight)
- Job Ref: 17791
The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast-growing city and home to more than 170,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Libraries is seeking an experienced Librarian who enjoys engaging with the community and organising library-based programs.
In this position, your key responsibilities will be to develop, plan, promote and deliver reader development and lifelong learning programs for the community. You will also be working with a programs team to deliver community engagement outcomes across Moreland and assist with website and social media content to promote library programs and events. You will also have the ability to engage with our diverse community to provide excellent customer service and assist with library initiatives to bridge the digital divide.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Excellent communication and supervisory skills
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Ability to coach, supervise and motivate staff
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and deliver programs within agreed timeframes
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Narelle Stute on 9353 4010.
Applications close: 5pm, 4 March 2019.
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.