Social Planner - [Archived Advertisement]
Banyule Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Banyule is seeking a Social Research and Community Outcomes Officer to join our organisation to help us achieve improved community outcomes through research, community engagement and evaluation.
As the Social Research and Community Outcomes Officer you will bring energy, passion, your knowledge of social justice principles and your ability to gather, analyse and report on research and data. You will share our values of respect, integrity, responsibility, initiative and inclusion, and have a passion for helping a community of over 130,000 residents to live happier, healthier and more connected lives, all while growing your skills and advancing your career. We look forward to you starting the next chapter of your career at Banyule Council.
- Undertake active, robust, equity centred social research to inform Council of key community needs and trends
- Undertake data analysis, consultation, evaluation and develop reports
- Facilitate, maintain and continuously improve the implementation of the Community Satisfaction and Household Survey
- Maintain and develop key Social Impact related data sources and reference materials
- Disseminate social research and public health and wellbeing information
- Collaborate with the Community Impact Team to progress key projects that deliver on the Inclusive Banyule Plan
You will have:
- Qualifications in Social Science, Social Development, Public Health and Health Promotion or a related field and/or substantial experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to inform social justice-based policy, planning and evaluation through: Consultation, research, data collection and reporting, developing and administering outcomes frameworks
- Demonstratable work ready skills including: high level of adaptability and curiosity, sound interpersonal and communication skills including relationship building, report writing, and presentation skills
We can offer you:
- Attractive salary range $89,269 to $96,444.70 pro rata plus super
- Permanent part time 28.5 hours per week
- Access to professional development opportunities, study assistance program & wellbeing programs
- Be part of a progressive, energetic and supportive team
- Flexible working conditions and a variety of leave arrangements
How to apply:
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, contact Sherryn Prinzi Community Impact Coordinator 0417110719 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. www.banyule.vic.gov.au/careers
Applications Close 11.45pm on Thursday 13 October 2022.
Banyule City Council is committed to being an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer, we value diversity and encourage people from different and diverse backgrounds to apply. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email email@example.com or call 9940 4235.
In accordance with Banyule's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy this position requires you to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If your application is successful and you are shortlisted for this role, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status.
- Closing Date:
- 13 Oct 2022
- VIC - Banyule
- Salary range $89,269 to $96,444.70 pro rata plus superr
- Work Type:
- Part Time