Early Childhood Educator - Diploma - Audrey Brooks - [Archived Advertisement]
Banyule Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Early Childhood Educator - Diploma - Audrey Brooks
Banyule Early Childhood Services is committed to professionalism and advocacy for children and families. Our services are inclusive, recognising diversity within an environment where staff, children and families experience a sense of belonging. We believe that all children learn through play, and through our services we will demonstrate a respect for the environment.
We are is looking for a team oriented Early Childhood Educator diploma qualified Kinder Assistant to join Audrey Brooks Pre School on a permanent part time basis.
As the Kinder Assistant you will support and assist the Kindergarten Teacher in the delivery of an educational program and a range of quality early childhood experiences to eligible children in the year prior to school entry.
You will need:
- Successful completion of Diploma
- Current First Aid, Anaphylaxis, Asthma
- Knowledge of the Education and Care Service National Regulations 2011 and Education and Care Service National Law Act 2010.
- Awareness of cultural needs of families
- Effective communication with families, professionals, and people from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds
- Conflict management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Community language is highly desirable
- COVID vaccination and Working with Children Check
- Permanent part time 34 hours per week
- Attractive remuneration plus super
- Ongoing individual development opportunities (plus our service closes two days per year solely for training).
- Work with great people in a supportive team environment
- Based at Audrey Brooks Pre School Heidelberg
Employment Screening Checks: National Criminal Record Check, Pre-employment Medical Check, Working With Children Check
Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion. We foster a strong learning and development culture and take pride in the positive way in which we work in partnership with the community.
How to apply:
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability contact Kathy de Silva 9242 3422 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. www.banyule.vic.gov.au/careers
Applications Close 11.45pm on Thursday 19 May 2022.
Banyule City Council is committed to being an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer, we value diversity and encourage people from different and diverse backgrounds to apply. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9940 4235.
In line with the directions issued by Victoria’s Chief Health Officer, this position requires you to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are successful in this recruitment, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status.
- Closing Date:
- 19 May 2022
- VIC - Banyule
- Work Type:
- Part Time
- Children's Services/Childcare