All Abilities Sports Projects Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Banyule Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
All Abilities Sports Projects Officer
Banyule is seeking an All Abilities Sports Projects Officer to join our Recreation and Community Infrastructure Unit to increase opportunities for people with disability to participate in sport and recreation activities. You will deliver Inclusion@Sport (I@S) ), a co-designed capacity building initiative that enhances the awareness and inclusive practices of three sport and recreational clubs in Banyule.
Bring your energy, talent, vision, knowledge of diversity and inclusion, your project planning, implementation skills and help enhance participation and access for all people with disabilities or diverse backgrounds in sport and recreation activities
As the All Abilities Sports Projects Officer you will share our values of respect, integrity, responsibility, initiative and inclusion, and have a passion for helping a community of over 130,000 residents to live happier, healthier and more connected lives, all while growing your skills and advancing your career. We look forward to you starting the next chapter of your career at Banyule Council.
You will have:
- A lived experience as a person with disability
- Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience in community development, social sciences, or recreation or sports management
- Experience in project management
- Sound knowledge of diversity and inclusion, with a focus on enhancing participation and access for people with disabilities or diverse backgrounds
- Experience in engaging, consulting and supporting a broad range of community stakeholders
- A knowledge and understanding of the workings of and needs of sporting groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent administration and computer skills
We can offer you:
- Temporary part time – 16 hours per week -June 2022 to May 2023
- Salary range $70,934.90 to $82,175.74 pro rata plus 10% super
- Access to professional development opportunities, study assistance program & wellbeing programs
- Be part of a progressive, energetic and supportive team
- Great working conditions and a variety of leave arrangements
How to apply:
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, contact Ryan Batchelder Tel: 9049 3369 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
Applications Close 11.45pm on Tuesday 17 May 2022.
Banyule City Council is committed to being an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer, we value diversity and encourage people from different and diverse backgrounds to apply. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email email@example.com or call 9940 4235.
In line with the directions issued by Victoria’s Chief Health Officer, this position requires you to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are successful in this recruitment, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status.
- Closing Date:
- 17 May 2022
- VIC - Banyule
- $70,934.90 to $82,175.74 pro rata plus 10% super
- Work Type:
- Part Time