- Diploma qualified
- Temporary - full time
About the Role
Joyce Avenue Children's Centre, in Greensborough is looking for a team oriented Early Childhood Educator diploma qualified to join their team on a temporary full time basis.
You will ensure the provision of a high quality innovative educational program that meets the individual needs of the children aged from birth to 6 years. You will ensure the care and education program aligns with the Early Childhood Services Philosophy.
- Early Childhood Qualification as recognised under Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011 – Diploma.
- Current, recognised Level 2 First Aid, CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificate
- Criminal History Check- not more than 6 months old (Mandatory)
- Working With Children Check (Mandatory)
- Experience in a child care service (preferred).
- Understanding of the Education & Care Services National Law Act 2010, Education & Care Services National Regulations 2011 and the National Quality Framework & Standards
What you will need
- An awareness of the cultural needs of families.
- The ability to manage time and prioritise tasks
- The ability to maintain written records and write reports relating to program goals and child development
- Evidence of COVID vaccination
Employment screening checks – Pre employment medical check, Police Check, & Working with Children Check.
- Salary range $64,808.64 to $68,813.42 (plus super)
- Temporary role - November 2021 to 28 October 2022
- Full time – 38 hours per week plus monthly RDO
- Ongoing individual development opportunities (plus our service closes two days per year solely for training)
- Work with great people in a supportive team environment
- Based at Joyce Avenue Centre 1 Joyce Ave Greensborough 3088
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Lisa Funston on Tel; 9434 6098 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Wednesday 27 October 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.