Banyule Early Childhood Services is committed to professionalism and advocacy for children and families. Our services are inclusive, recognising diversity within an environment where staff, children and families experience a sense of belonging. We believe that all children learn through play, and through our services we will demonstrate a respect for the environment.
About the Role
We are is looking for a team oriented Early Childhood Educator diploma qualified to join the Joyce Ave Children's Centre team on a permanent part time basis.
You will ensure the provision of a high quality innovative educational program that meets the individual needs of the children aged from birth to 6 years. You will ensure the care and education program aligns with the Early Childhood Services Philosophy.
The position is required to cover the lunch breaks & tea breaks for staff working in the rooms so that we can maintain ratios.
- Early Childhood Qualification as recognised under Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011 – Diploma.
- Current, recognised Level 2 First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificate, with updates completed within the last 12 months
- Criminal History Check- not more than 6 months old (Mandatory)
- Working with Children Check (Mandatory)
- Experience in a child care service (preferred).
- Understanding of the Education & Care Services National Law Act 2010, Education & Care Services National Regulations 2011and the National Quality Framework & Standards.
What you will need
- An awareness of the cultural needs of families.
- The ability to manage time and prioritise tasks
- The ability to maintain written records and write reports relating to program goals and child development
- Salary range $64,808.64 to $68,813.45 pro rata plus super
- Permanent part time 27.50 hours per week,
- Ongoing individual development opportunities (plus our service closes two days per year solely for training).
- Work with great people in a supportive team environment
- Based at Joyce Ave Children's Centre
Employment Screening Checks National Criminal Record Check, Pre-employment Medical Check, Working With Children Check
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Zara Anderson ESC Operations Coordinator on Tel; 94337747 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
Applications Close 11.45pm on Sunday 7 March 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.