C.R. Roper Fellow in Agricultural Science - [Archived Advertisement]
Unversity of Melbourne (View other jobs from this organisation)
Job no: 0049599
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences
Department/School: School of Agriculture and Food
Salary: $102,967 - $122,268 (Level B)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Full time - 9.5% super
About the role
The C.R. Roper Fellow in Agricultural Science is to encourage research relevant to Agricultural Sciences, including both ‘on farm’ and ‘off farm activities’. The position will conduct research activities related to soil-plant microbiome interactions and co-evolution to adapt to Australian landscapes. There are many indigenous plant/crop species across Australia which can survive in very tough conditions like drought, nutrient deficiency and high salinity. This research is aimed to decipher the roles and mechanisms of soil and plant microbiomes in helping plant survival under stress conditions. The position will be based at the School of Agriculture and Food, Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences, University of Melbourne.
The successful applicant will be based at the Parkville campus of the University of Melbourne and work with a group of researchers focusing on soil microbiology and chemistry, plant physiology and genetics, and biogeochemistry. However, as the Faculty is located across several metropolitan and regional campuses, staff may be required to travel to, or work from, other sites and campuses as required.
This position requires requires the incumbent to gain a Working with Children's Check.
- A PhD awarded in soil microbiology, evolutionary ecology, plant physiology or a relevant discipline.
- Sound knowledge and demonstrated experience in cross-disciplinary field of soil science, plant science, microbiology and/or ecology.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake original and independent research, evidenced by a record contribution in peer reviewed journals, book chapters, conference papers and presentations.
- Demonstrated capacity of securing competitive research grants and/or industry funding, and collaborative working with research teams.
- Excellent communication skills and capacity to work constructively and collaboratively and the ability to build rapport with all levels of staff within a diverse work environment.
- Strong ability to develop links with agriculture industries, primary industry departments and other stakeholders in developing research and industry initiatives at the national level.
- A willingness and ability to supervise/co-supervise graduate research students and junior staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteriaFor full details and to apply:
Applications close: 03 Feb 2020 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
- Closing Date:
- 03 Feb 2020
- VIC - Parkville
- $102,967 - $122,268 pa + 9.5% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Research Assistants and Fellowships