Manager, Research & Industry (re-advertised) - [Archived Advertisement]
The University of Melbourne (View other jobs from this organisation)
MANAGER, RESEARCH & INDUSTRY (RE-ADVERTISED)
Melbourne Graduate School of Education, The University of Melbourne
Salary: AUD115,726 - AUD120,404 p.a. p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked among the world’s top universities and the Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is Australia’s number 1 and among the world’s finest for Education (QS World Rankings by Subject). We are at the forefront of innovation in education, working with partners in schools, early childhood settings, communities, government and beyond, constantly seeking new and improved ways to support Australia's education system.
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education is seeking an experienced leader for a Manager, Research & Industry position. The position will lead the Melbourne Education Research Institute (MERI) in the delivery of high quality support for MGSE academic staff, and through collaboration with the Director of MERI, the implementation of research-focused strategic priorities as key enablers of MGSE’s Strategic Plan 2016-2020.
As a dynamic leader in the field you will also be an experienced research manager with a strong track record of enabling research partnerships and supporting a high performance research culture, including the work of graduate research students, and will be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline with considerable experience in a research management role;
- Experience in developing and implementing research focussed strategies which are aligned to the achievement of business objectives;
- An ability to develop and maintain trusted adviser relationships;
- A high level of negotiation and influencing skills, excellent organisational and time management skill and highly developed communication and interpersonal skills;
- An ability to conceptualise, plan, lead and manage research focussed projects; and
- Thorough knowledge of research management and graduate research training trends.
If you can demonstrate your expertise in these areas, you are encouraged to apply for the position and join a team of talented staff at MGSE.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
If you are looking for a role that provides daily challenges and variety, working within a supportive team environment and able to demonstrate the requirements of the position as listed in the position description, apply now.
This is a re-advertised position. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
Close date: 30 July 2017
For position information and to apply go to: http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/job/890429/manager-research-industry-readvertised
- Closing Date:
- 30 Jul 2017
- VIC - Parkville
- $115,726 - $120,404 p.a. + 17% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Management - Schools/Departments
Management - Universities