Internship (Sustainability) - [Archived Advertisement]
Green Building Council of Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Join Australia’s leading authority on sustainable buildings and communities
- Health and wellbeing program including personal training, yoga, fruit and healthy snacks
- Amazing Sydney Barangaroo Location
The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) was established in 2002 and is the nation’s authority on sustainable buildings and communities. Our mission is to accelerate the transformation of Australia’s built environment into one that is healthy, liveable, productive, resilient and sustainable. We work with industry and government to encourage policies and programs that support our mission. We also educate thousands of people each year on how to design and deliver sustainable outcomes for Australia’s buildings and communities.
We employ over 40 staff and our national office is based in the 6 Star Green Star rated Barangaroo precinct in Sydney; but our flexible team works across Australia. For more information on how the GBCA is transforming the built environment please refer to our website www.gbca.org.au.
We are excited to offer an internship to assist the Market Transformation team to embark on a journey of reshaping our Green Star rating system and bring the next generation of rating tools through Green Star Future Focus. Please refer to our website for more information on Green Star Future Focus.
Reporting to the Manager – Green Star Future Focus, your role will be to manage the Green Star Future Focus consultation process through assisting with member engagement activities and research.
This is a casual role working a minimum of 15 hours per week in our Sydney office.
Your new responsibilities
- You will organise Future Focus workshops;
- You will collate and analyse stakeholder engagement feedback;
- You will communicate with expert reference panels;
- You will manage data from existing Green Star Certifications for analysis;
- You will review and analyse other rating systems and standards.
Your skills and experience
- You are a current student studying a tertiary degree in engineering, architecture, urban planning or sustainability.
- You are a strong communicator (written and verbal) and have excellent organisational skills
- You have superior attention to detail and strong time management skills
- You have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Mentoring and educational assistance program
- Employee of the quarter (GBCA Star Award)
- Employee referral program
- Flexible working arrangements, activity based working with sit to stand desks
- Complimentary personal training and yoga sessions, flu vaccinations, fruit and healthy snacks
How to apply
Please apply through SEEK including a covering letter and resume addressed to Catherine Andon, HR & Operations Manager. Closing date for applications: COB 14 February 2019.
For more information and a copy of the position description please contact Anna Hendricks on Ph: 02 8239 6200.
We aim to create a diverse work environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We are also proud to have a Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan, acknowledging the proud heritage of Australia’s first people and working towards a reconciled Australia. We recognise the value Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace and welcome applications from the Indigenous community.
- Closing Date:
- 14 Feb 2019
- NSW - Barangaroo
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Sustainability and Environment