- Exciting opportunity to provide administrative support to the research support team in the area of internal schemes and programs for the Faculty
- Located at Camperdown Campus
- Continuing full-time and remuneration package $101K p.a including leave loading and up to 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to deliver on the University’s ambitious strategic plan, we are looking for an Internal Grants and Programs Officer to join the Research Unit based at the Camperdown Campus.
Under the broad direction of the Manager, Research Support, some of your responsibilities will be:
- provide administrative support to the Research Support team particularly in the area of internal schemes and programs for the Faculty
- administer Faculty internal grants and programs throughout their lifecycle, ensuring that staff and affiliates are aware of the various schemes and programs available and administers the schemes for the Faculty
- support administrative functions required for internal Faculty functions relating to external schemes.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for Internal Grants and Programs Officer who possesses the below experience:
- effective and tactful communication skills (both verbal and written) together with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement, along with the ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- proven customer service skills and the ability to provide high quality service in a high-volume environment with high attention to detail
- excellent time and workload management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and achieve required outcomes
- previous experience in a research-intensive environment
- high levels of competence in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2035/0919C-1 to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Thursday 5 March 2020
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.