- Coordinates activities that grow and develop the research performance of the work area and enhance the Faculty’s research profile within and outside the University
- Position require strong people leadership skills and experience
- Continuing, full-time and remuneration package $111K p.a which includes leave loading and up to 17% superannuation, Located across West and North Precinct
About the opportunity
We are in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to deliver on the University’s ambitious strategic plan, we are looking for a Research Support Lead to support the West and North Precinct across Sydney.
Supports the research activities of the Faculty by leading the research support team for the precinct to effectively provide for the operational requirements of research active staff, initiate service improvements, provide planning to support growth and focus on building and achieving best practice standards.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- play an active role in implementing Faculty strategies and initiatives designed to foster excellence and innovation in research, improve research performance and research culture, improve the researcher experience, and attract outstanding researchers to the Faculty
- offer support and operational advice on research issues to the researchers and key stakeholders within the precinct and provides support to senior management in analysis and planning
- provide support for pre and post award grant management, researcher professional development and process improvement.
This position can have up to 7 direct reports.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Research Support Lead who possesses the below experience:
- proven experience in people management and leadership
- client focused with the ability to build partnerships between the precinct research team and the schools leadership teams.
- extensive experience in developing and working on research projects, including expertise in using research protocols, experimental design, ethics submissions and grant applications.
- sound experience in the supervision, training, mentoring and performance management of staff; and experience managing and resolving a diverse range of HR issues.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and will be able to demonstrate level of tact and diplomacy in dealing with day to day operations.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website.
Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1976/0919C-1 to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Wednesday 19 February 2020
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.