- Opportunity to provides a broad range of education administrative and operational support to Academic and Teaching staff to meet the educational (teaching and curriculum) support needs of the Faculty
- Multiple positions located across Camperdown, Lidcombe in 2020 then based at Camperdown Campus and Westmead
- Continuing and fixed term, full-time or part-time opportunities, base salary $86Kp.a pro rata with leave loading and superannuation
About the opportunity
We are in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to deliver on the University’s ambitious strategic plan, we are looking for an Education Support Officer to join the Education Unit across multiple campuses.
You will be responsible in coordinating the compilation of academic content and materials prepared by Academic and Teaching staff for programs of study, for printed publications and/or uploading to Canvas/online systems. Provides education support services in line with academic requirements and the overall timetable for the work area. Ensures compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory controls and ensures a safe working environment for all staff and students.
Under the broad direction of the Education Support Lead, some of your responsibilities are listed below:
- provide operational and education administrative support to the work area’s academic and teaching staff
- provides a broad range of education (learning and curriculum) support for the work area and its academic and teaching staff
- coordinates the educational or teaching and curriculum reporting and compliance requirements for the work area.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for Education Support Officers who possesses the below experience:
- demonstrated client focus with strong stakeholder engagement capability to enable the delivery of successful outcomes
- effective and tactful communication skills (both verbal and written) together with strong problem solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement, along with the ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- experience delivering education programmes, preferably in a tertiary education environment. (Desirable)
- highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders including internal and external customers and suppliers, and University students.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2005/0919C to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Tuesday 28 January 2020
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.