- Be an integral member of the Education Unit responsible for effective and efficient administration of student support, events and initiatives
- Located at Camperdown Campus
- 2 x Fixed Term full-time opportunities for two years with base salary $84K p.a with leave loading and superannuation
About the opportunity
We are in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to deliver on the University’s ambitious strategic plan, we are looking for Student Life Officers to join the Education Unit based at the Camperdown Campus with travel required between locations.
Under the broad direction of the Manager, Student Life some of your responsibilities are listed below:
- provide support for orientation, awards and prizes, student leadership initiatives, student communications and non-curricula matters
- contribute to and administratively support the implementation of student engagement initiatives and programs
- contribute to the FMH Student Support Community of Practice
- provide career support for alumni, current students and prospective domestic and international student
These roles will be embedded within the schools and precinct and may be required
to travel between locations.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for Student Life Officers who possesses the below experience:
- previous experience working in a customer/student focused tertiary environment
- effective and tactful communication skills (both verbal and written) together with strong problem solving skills
- ability to prioritise workload during busy periods with the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement
- excellent time and workload management skills with demonstrated ability to
- prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks, demonstrate initiative to meet deadlines and achieve required outcomes
The ideal candidate will have highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders including internal and external customers and suppliers, and University students.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1996/0919F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Tuesday 28 January 2020
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.