- Opportunity to develop and lead a collaborative research program
- Located in the Charles Perkins Centre on the University of Sydney campus in Camperdown
- Full-time fixed term for 3 years and base salary $127K - $147K p.a plus superannuation
About the opportunity
We are seeking a Senior Research Fellow to develop a sustainable research program in integrative medicine, linking nutritional and pharmacological approaches in healthcare and contributing to the evidence base on integrative medicine. The Senior Research Fellow will be based in the Boden Institute of Obesity, Nutrition, Exercise and Eating Disorders.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Senior Research Fellow who has:
- a doctoral degree (or equivalent) in pharmacology, medicine or a relevant related field
- a substantial track record of research in integrative medicine or a related field, as indicated by publications in peer-reviewed journals, competitive grants awarded, and research findings translated (or in the process of translation) into policy or practice
- recognition from colleagues within and/or beyond Australia, such as invitations to deliver leading presentations at conferences and collaborations in research
- experience in teaching pharmacology or therapeutics students of healthcare professions
- capacity to develop and implement a new research program, and interact effectively and empathically with colleagues
- knowledge of work health and safety principles relevant to the work
For more information on Boden Institute of Obesity, Nutrition, Exercise and Eating Disorders please see refer to: https://sydney.edu.au/medicine-health/our-research/research-centres/boden-institute.html
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 535/0319F to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Monday 8 April 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.