- Opportunity to teach and support research within Sydney School of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine and Health
- Located at Charles Perkins Centre within the Camperdown Campus
- Full-time, continuing and remuneration package, $123-146K p.a. which includes leave loading and up to 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
An outstanding opportunity exists for a high potential and emerging academic leader with chronic disease prevention and health promotion research and practice experience. This is a mixed teaching and research role with two primary functions: to co-ordinate and teach in disease prevention and health promotion for postgraduate students undertaking Masters of Public Health (MPH) and related programs in the Sydney School of Public Health; and to develop and engage in public health research relevant to the Prevention Research Collaboration (PRC) and the Sydney School of Public Health.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Lecturer in Prevention and Health promotion who possess:
- PhD in public health or a relevant area for appointment at Lecturer Level
- demonstrated teaching skills and substantial teaching experience in prevention and health promotion in face-to-face and online platforms
- experience with curriculum development and innovative teaching, along with, a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- broad understanding of chronic disease prevention and health promotion research and practice, especially within public health aspects of physical activity, nutrition and obesity prevention
- demonstrated track record in disease prevention and health promotion peer review publications and ideally research grant applications.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication/organisation skills and knowledge of software packages for data manipulation. With desirable skills including leading and contribution to research projects and design and use of statistical packages.
For more information regarding The Prevention Research Collaboration (PRC) please visit: http://sydney.edu.au/medicine/public-health/prevention-research/
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion,and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 146/0119C to apply.
Closing date: 11.30pm Wednesday 6 March 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.