- Exciting opportunity to provide project management support at the Westmead Applied Research Centre (WARC)
- Located at Westmead Clinical School
- Flexible up to 1.0 FTE, fixed term 1-year appointment with a possible extension and a $92K p.a (pro-rata) base salary plus superannuation
Job Reference Number: 1618/0818F
About the opportunity
The Senior Project officer provides project management advice and operational support to project teams, coordinating the implementation and delivery of a broad range of activities and tasks in order to meet established milestones and deliverables.
Reporting to the Clinical Trials Project Manager you will:
- Be responsible for providing project management support to multiple work streams within a multi-faceted program of work
- Establish project teams and develop and implement project plans.
- Manage project financials and prepare status reports in line with broader project governance requirements.
- Manage multiple work-stream stakeholders and communications.
- Ensure effective collaboration and team work with other project teams and stakeholders across the University.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Senior Project Officer who possesses:
- Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant work experience, preferably in project management and administration.
- Experience managing a diverse group of key internal/external stakeholders on large or complex projects.
- Excellent administrative skills, coupled with a general understanding of the project life cycle, project documentation, project standards and methodologies.
- Numeracy skills together with experience in controlling income/expenditure for reconciliation/budget tracking and managing invoice payments and purchases for a project.
- Experience project managing multiple work streams and the ability to work according to strict deadlines and manage various demands.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
The Westmead Applied Research Centre (WARC) is a newly established centre based in the Westmead precinct that seeks to undertake innovative clinical research and research translation by:
- Incubating clinical research trials that have a view to translation and impacting large populations
- Providing leadership in the design & evaluation of digital health intervention and digital therapeutics
Specifically in the Westmead precinct, the Centre will foster excellent research responsive to the needs of local patients and populations by:
- providing resources, training and development across the Westmead precinct in clinical trials research
- providing services to clinicians/ researchers/ projects that meet strategic criteria e.g. large potential impact, congruent with aims/ vision of centre, demonstrable investment from originator into project ‘skin in the game’ e.g. defined research questions, assembled resources
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1618/0818F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing Date: 11:30pm Sunday 23rd September 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.