Reference no. 857/0517
- Great career opportunity to manage admissions operations
- Be valued for your exceptional direct admissions knowledge
- Apply your extensive experience in higher education admissions for both domestic and international students
About the opportunity
We have an outstanding career opportunity available for an Admissions Manager to lead and manage operations of the Admissions Office and deliver operational excellence in the University’s admissions services. Utilising your extensive experience in higher education admissions for both domestic and international students you will:
- lead and manage admissions teams to achieve planned outcomes and contribute to service excellence
- manage and review team workflows and provide recommendations for improvements or remedial action where relevant
- develop projects and initiatives aimed at improving admissions business processes and services to applicants across the full range of Faculties and subject areasprovide expert advice and recommendations to University staff and key stakeholders on the policies, systems, and procedures relating to the direct admission of students
- liaise with external bodies to co-ordinate offer processes.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for an Admissions Manager who possesses demonstrated expertise in:
- higher education direct admissions for both domestic and international students
- managing Admissions teams, reviewing and adapting team priorities where necessary and the ability to lead and manage teams to meet agreed objectives
- providing expert advice to the University community and external agencies on admissions policies and procedures
- contributing to business process improvement across complex systems and administrative functions preferably in the area of admission
- ensuring effective mechanisms are in place to assess and manage recruitment and admission outcomes.
Our Admissions team leads the strategic direction, development, management and implementation of the University’s admissions plan and delivers on the University’s key objective to admit the most talented students and to deliver student numbers that drive institutional revenue to meet targets and budget requirements.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 5pm 25 May 2017
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.