We are seeking applications for a deputy principal position within a Catholic school community in Cairns. The school is committed to supporting disengaged and marginalised young people to develop knowledge, skills and abilities to engage confidently in a range of domains of human culture, including spirituality and religion. The objective is that students are equipped to critically interpret and evaluate culture so they might be active contributors and not mere passive community members.
About the Role:
- Deputy Principal
- Term 1 2021
- Small student cohort and close-knit supportive staff
- Candidates who have experience or a willingness to work with disengaged youth and children from trauma backgrounds are highly regarded
- Staff empower students to identify and pursue individual transition to adulthood, further education, employment and importantly a connection to the community.
- Provides a variety of innovative teaching and learning practices that acknowledges young people’s complex education and social needs.
- Underpinning all the work of the College are three operating principles of right Relationships, Respect and Responsibility
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Education
- Provide a minimum of three professional references
- Be registered, or have the ability to be registered with QCT
- Have the right to work in Australia
Registering with Tes:
We know that a new job can help you build a fulfilling and meaningful career and our recruitment service can support you along every step of this journey. Working with thousands of schools across Australia and beyond we can connect you with schools that are looking for talented and passionate teachers, with tailored job alerts, exclusively listed positions and consultation about a schools culture and characteristics of a role.
Fast track your application:
- If you are in Australia or New Zealand, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference #WEB2008-544761KB
- If you are currently overseas, email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference #WEB2008-544761KB
- To join our global education community, Click Apply now and you will also receive free access to the world’s largest education jobs database, curriculum resources, career support and much more!
Please reply to express interest. Due to time constraints, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with more information.
We can also help connect you to international teaching opportunities, just email your CV as an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org