Ambulance Victoria's (AV) Operational Capability Division has recently been undergoing an exciting transformation designed to improve ambulance response to the Victorian community and the health, wellbeing and capability of staff. There are currently three Senior Officer roles on offer in the First Responder & Community Programs department, with differing employment types and locations. Please note, you will need to apply for each role of interest individually.
The primary role of the Senior Officer, Student Placement and University Engagement is to provide high level engagement with education providers and coordinate student placement programs within the Vocational Training & Students team. This is an ongoing, full-time role based in Ballarat.
About the role
The responsibilities of this role, reporting to the Senior Team Leader Vocational Training & Students will include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as the point of contact for students undertaking clinical placement within AV
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to support student placements across Victoria
- Preparing, coordinating and maintaining student records & monitoring student progression to arrange program sign-offs
- Coordinating the application and selection process for AV's Educational Pathways sponsorship and scholarship program
- Coordinating administrative functions relating to the delivery of education for undergraduate paramedic students, including venue management, rostering, financial processing & reporting
- Assisting & supporting with the collation and reporting of data required for student placements
- Maintaining office & administrative systems for student programs within Operational Capability
- Fostering constructive and effective working relationships within Operational Capability, across the organisation and with external partner agencies
In order to be considered for this role, candidates will have proven substantial experience and expertise in providing administrative support within a large organisation or department. A Certificate IV in Administration and/or Business is desirable.
Although experience working for a Registered Training Organisation would be beneficial, it is not technically required. Highly desirable however is an understanding of tertiary clinical/health placements, planning and negotiation.
Candidates should possess demonstrated experience in the development/coordination of student services/placement planning and be comfortable using the full gamut of Microsoft Office programs. Finally, candidates should be well organised, effective administrators with excellent communication skills - both written and verbal and be able to effortlessly build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate must also hold a current Victorian Driver's License and be willing to travel throughout metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria if/ when required.
What's in it for you?
As a valued member of AV, you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance. We offer salary packaging options, generous personal leave entitlements, ADOs for full time employees and other benefits including free on-site parking.
AV has introduced salary bands and this position is graded at AV3. The AV grade salary range for an AV3 position and the salary on offer is $77,620 to $91,853pa, plus 9.5% superannuation. The expectation is that employees will commence at the base of the grade applicable to a position.
How to apply
To learn more about this exciting opportunity and to submit your online application for Senior Officer Student Placement & University Engagement, please visit the Ambulance Victoria Careers Centre website: https://careers.ambulance.vic.gov.au
Applicants are required to submit the following documents online, which will form part of the selection process;
- Cover letter
- Document addressing the key selection criteria (as detailed in the attached position description)
Applications close 5pm 19th October 2020
If you have any questions, please contact Ambulance Victoria's Recruitment and Selection team via email: email@example.com or by phoning: 03 9840 3653
Our diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to deliver the Best Care to the Victorian community, and helps create a healthier, more productive workplace for our people.