Child Care Worker (untrained) - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Child Care Worker (untrained)
Division: CITY LIFE
Unit: SOCIAL PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Section: CHILD & FAMILY SERVICES
Salary: AUD 49,046.00 per annum plus Superannuation
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
The City of Sydney is committed to creating a family friendly environment. Families with children can choose from a wide range of Council, Government, private and community services including childcare, preschools, playgroups, after school care, school holiday care and schools.
We are a major provider of child care and we are seeking a qualified and experienced early childhood education and care professional to work in our approved services. The current vacancy is located at Alexandria Child Care Centre.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Certificate III in Children's Services or approved equivalent, (please refer to the ACECQA website for information on approved equivalent qualifications)
- experience working in an early childhood education and care setting
- experience and good understanding of educational programs for children under the age of 5 years that reflect the principles, practices and learning outcomes outlined in the Early Years Learning Framework
- a current Working with Children Check Certification
- a current first aid certificate, including anaphylaxis and CPR Training (please refer to the ACECQA website for a full list of approved First Aid qualifications).
Compliance with child protection legislation is essential.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please note the "Essential Criteria Response" field in the online application does not require you to respond or upload a document.
This role will require a pre-employment health declaration, national criminal check and Working With Children Check.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11.59pm on Tuesday 29 October 2019.
For further information contact: Franca Francesconi, A/Early Childhood Services Coordinator on 02 9246 7886.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 29 Oct 2019
- NSW - Sydney
- AUD 49,046.00 per annum plus Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Out of Hours Care
Teaching - Early Childhood