Child Care Worker (trained) - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Child Care Worker (trained)
Division: CITY LIFE
Unit: SOCIAL PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Section: CHILD & FAMILY SERVICES
Salary: AUD 59,051.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
Employment status: Term Contract up to 2 October 2018
Employment arrangement: Full time
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
The City of Sydney is committed to creating a family friendly environment. Families with children can choose from a wide range of Council, Government, private and community services including childcare, preschools, playgroups, after school care, school holiday care and schools.
The City is a major provider of child care and we are seeking a qualified and experienced early childhood education and care professional to work in our approved services.
We operate the following 4 services:
- Hilda Booler Kindergarten (Glebe)
- Broughton St Kindergarten (Glebe)
- Alexandria Child Care Centre
- Redfern Occasional Care Centre
The current vacancy is located at Alexandria Child Care Centre however staff appointed to this position are required to accept transfers to work in any location as part of staff rotations if needed.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- a Diploma in Children's Services or approved equivalent (as approved by ACECQA)
- working with Children Check Certification
- experience working in an early childhood education and care setting
- demonstrated experience planning and implementing an education program that reflects the principles, practices and learning outcomes outlined in the Early Years Learning Framework
- current first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis qualifications (as approved by ACECQA).
Compliance with child protection legislation is essential.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the essential criteria (selection criteria) as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. This role will require a pre-employment medical examination, national criminal and Working With Children Check.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11:59pm on Tuesday 29 May 2018.
For further information contact: Catherine Avero, Early Childhood Services Coordinator on 02 9246 7886.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 29 May 2018
- NSW - Sydney
- AUD 59,051.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
- Work Type:
- Children's Services/Childcare