Early Childhood Teacher - P/T - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Early Childhood Teacher
Division: CITY LIFE
Unit: SOCIAL PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Section: CHILD & FAMILY SERVICES
Salary: AUD 15,195.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the part-time position working 7.6 hours/week (Mondays))
Employment status: Term Contract up to 12 months
Employment arrangement: Job Share
The City of Sydney is committed to creating a family friendly environment. Families with children can choose from a wide range of Council, Government, private and community services including childcare, preschools, playgroups, after school care, school holiday care and schools.
The City is a major provider of child care and we are seeking a qualified and experienced early childhood education and care professional to work in our approved services.
We operate the following 4 services:
- Hilda Booler Kindergarten (Glebe)
- Broughton St Kindergarten (Glebe)
- Alexandria Child Care Centre
- Redfern Occasional Care Centre
The current vacancy is located at Redfern Occasional Care however staff appointed to this position are required to accept transfers to work in any location as part of staff rotations if needed.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- a Degree in Early Childhood Education or relevant equivalent qualification.
- have a current Working with Children Check Number which can be validated by Council's Workforce Services
- a Current First Aid Certificate, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificates
- an Accredited by NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) to work as a teacher
- a demonstrated experience and knowledge of the Early Year's Learning Framework and how this is used to inform the curriculum
- a demonstrated practical experience in the provision of a child care service for children aged 0-5 years and a commitment to high quality child care.
Do you want to part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the essential criteria (selection criteria) as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. This role will require a criminal check, Working With Children check and pre-employment medical examination.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11:59 pm on Sunday 18 February 2018.
For further information contact: Catherine Avero, Early Childhood Services Coordinator on 02 9246 7886.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 19 Feb 2018
- NSW - Sydney
- AUD 15,195.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the part-time position working 7.6 hours/week (Mondays))
- Work Type:
- Teaching - Early Childhood