Manager of Health, Safety and Environment - [Archived Advertisement]
Charles Darwin University (View other jobs from this organisation)
Continuing, full time appointment
Professional Level 10 salary $119,132 to $132,217 pa
17% superannuation and 6 weeks annual leave
Perform a critical role to lead and enhance the safety culture across Charles Darwin University.
At CDU we actively celebrate our diversity. We innovate, embrace new ideas, and act with courage and kindness. We’re about what we can give to the world rather than what we take, and we believe in the transformative power of education. We work hard to make sure every member of our university community feels that they truly belong. Understanding that it is through our focus on our people and leveraging our differences that will make CDU the most connected university in Australia, we are striving to ensure that our culture and our community is inclusive of all our staff, students and visitors. We are committed to maintaining a culture where everyone feels respected, safe, encouraged to speak up and supported in achieving their professional goals. Applications from First Nations people, Women at all levels, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse People, People with Disability, Neurotypical and Neurodiverse People, LGBTIQ+ People, people with family and caring responsibilities and people at all stages of their careers are welcomed.
You make CDU. And we want you to be exactly who you are.
About the Position
As Manager of Health, Safety and Environment, you will provide operational leadership to enhance the safety culture across the University by delivering, aligning, integrating and promoting the functions of Workplace Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Management including Emergency Management. This will include responsibility for planning, developing, implementing, maintaining and coordinating all aspects of CDU’s HSE and Emergency Management systems.
To be successful, you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications and extensive relevant experience with proven management expertise across HSE Management
- Proven experience in leading organisational change to create collaborative and effective teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in strategic and operational issues across HSE and Emergency Management disciplines
- Ability to write, develop and implement policies, procedures, risk management plans and work practices compliant with statutory requirements
- Exceptional communication skills, and the ability to influence, negotiate and motivate staff and students
- A commitment to continuous improvement and establishing best practice
- Proven experience as an Incident Controller and/or in the provision of sound and timely tactical and logistical advice to an Incident Controller during an emergency
To view the full responsibilities of the role, please click on the: Position Profile
All applications must be received online at Manager of Health, Safety and Environment - CDU Careers (selectminds.com) and should include a cover letter and a detailed resume.
For any application enquiries, please contact Susan Hudson, Interim Director People & Culture on 0418 410 231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chief Health Officer Covid-19 Directions (No.52) 2021 (“the Directions”) made under the Public and Environmental Health Act 2011 applies to workers in the role you are applying for and you will be requested to evidence your current COVID-19 vaccination status.
Applications Close: Monday 13 June 2022
- Closing Date:
- 13 Jun 2022
- NT - Darwin
- $119,132 - $132,217 pa + 17% super & 6 weeks leave
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Management - Universities