SA Training Awards nominations open
The South Australian Government has announced the opening of nominations for this year’s SA Training Awards, which seek to celebrate the state’s top students, employers, training organisations and teachers.
State Minister for Employment and Skills, Grace Portolesi, said the annual awards, hosted by the Training and Skills Commission, celebrate outstanding quality in vocational education and training in South Australia.
“Individuals can boost their profiles and build their careers through the awards, which also provide winners with a $5,000 cash prize,” she said.
“Organisations also have the chance to be recognised for their innovative approaches to training and their ongoing commitment to staff development.
The award winners will go on to represent South Australia at the Australian Training Awards, which will be held in Perth on 22 November.
Entry to all awards is free and nominations close on Friday 24 May 2013. Prospective nominees are invited to register for a free workshop to gain advice on how to maximise their chances of winning an award. Workshops will be held on Monday 8 and Wednesday 10 April at the Education Development Centre, Milner Street, Hindmarsh.
The 2013 award categories include:
- Adelaide Casino VET Teacher/Trainer of the Year
- CareerOne Apprentice of the Year
- Proteus Leadership Centres Trainee of the Year
- Business SA Vocational Student of the Year
- SA Unions Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year
- Trade Schools for the Future Australian School-based Apprentice of the Year
- WorkCoverSA Industry Collaboration Award
- MAS National Small Training Provider of the Year
- in-business Large Training Provider of the Year
- Channel 9 Small Employer of the Year
- Channel 9 Employer of the Year