NCVER releases apprentice and trainee statistics
The National Centre for Vocational Education Research has released the Australian apprentice and trainee statistics for the September quarter 2011.
In total there were 461,200 apprentices and trainees in-training as at the end of September 2011, an increase of 3.2% from the previous year.
Comparing apprentice and trainee activity in the year to 30 September 2011 with the year to 30 September 2010:
- the number of people commencing in trades occupations decreased by 1.0%
- the number of people commencing in non-trades occupations increased by 7.2%
- the number of people completing apprenticeships and traineeships increased by 6.1%.
In the shorter-term, seasonally adjusted data show between June quarter 2011 and September quarter 2011:
- trades commencements increased by 1.5%
- non-trades commencements decreased slightly.
Copies of Australian vocational education and training statistics: Apprentices and trainees, September quarter 2011, are available from www.ncver.edu.au/publications/2480.html